Location: 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York
The Rockefeller Center Tour celebrates the rich history and exciting presence of New York‘s architectural jewel. The center was the ambitious vision of a young John D. Rockefeller and hosts more than 100 breathtaking works of art. In addition to housing NBC, Radio City Music Hall and Christie‘s Auction House, Rockefeller Plaza is also the home of the world-famous skating rink visited by more than half a million people every year.
See the Associated Press Building and the spot where the TODAY Show‘s Katie, Matt, Al, and Ann greet America each and every morning. The tour covers the quirks and the controversy of the news from the golden years to the information age. Bring your walking shoes because there is a lot to see!
What Will I Have the Opportunity to See?
* The renowned TODAY Show Studio with details on the crew and history
* The Eastern Airlines Building and the Associated Press Building
* The artwork of Swiss Carl Miles, Italian Giacomo Manzu, Lee Lawrie, and Robert Garrison
* The world-famous Skating Rink
* The majestic Prometheus and Atlas statues
* The beautiful Channel Gardens
* The exquisite paintings of Jose Maria Sert and Paul Brangwyn
* Plus, you‘ll also find out about the significance and importance of the various flags on the Plaza
* Learn about Radio City Music Hall
* Hear about NBC Studios
* PLUS much, much more