Since 1905, when it was known as the Institute of Musical Art, Juilliard has established this country‘s standard for education in the arts. In 1946, the name Juilliard School of Music became official and in 1951, its Dance Division, combining training in both contemporary and ballet technique, was established. Juilliard moved to Lincoln Center as its academic constituent in 1968, with a commitment to provide arts education that reflected each of Lincoln Center‘s performing constituents. As a result, a four-year Drama program was added, and the school officially changed its name to The Juilliard School. Juilliard completed that cycle by adding the Juilliard Jazz in 2001. Juilliard is a vital place, growing with and responding to the needs of a thriving cultural community in the U.S. and abroad, its student body drawn from 43 states and 43 foreign countries.